Monday, March 21, 2011

OPI Silver Shatter

Finally some Silver Shatter! I know you'v been waiting for this one, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

First, here are Cammi's photos, over the same colors she swatched from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection.



Cammi loved this crackle lots and lots, and threatens to try it out in many more different combinations. We welcome this!

Yours truly decided to try it out over the entire collection on wheel before anything else, and this is what it looks like.

Yawn. Not for me. So I decided to pass painting the Silver Shatter over my Pirates swatches and try it out over a couple colors that are more me.

First, over a darker grey creme, in this case Nubar's Stronghold.




Do you see that?!

Some more, just because I can:


This manicure rocks. (Please note intended pun!) Possibly the most metal manicure ever. I tried applying the crackle in various ways, like I've seen some of you creative gals do, and I love the randomness that gives. Standard straight cuticle to edge application on index, horizontal on middle, supposedly all random on the ring, and on the pinky nail I tried a swirling motion.

Next, over blue. This is over Pure Ice French Kiss.





I didn't like this combination as much as the previous, but I did manage some nice patterns with the brush. I'm especially pleased with the ring finger nail, which was done in a sort of braid pattern, as seen on someone else's blog - I don't remember from where, so if you know you did this, please take credit in the comments section. On the pinky I did a zigzag motion. Also pretty nice.

When trying to figure out what combinations to do, I actually consulted my spreadsheet of untried polishes, and even though I have about 400 registered, I couldn't think of many cominations I believed in. I didn't feel like trying it over a shimmer, nor a warm shade. Ridiculous, I know, but even though I really like the polish itself (just look at it!), I'm sensitive to chaotic combinations. What I do want to try it out over next, is a decent glitter. But putting this over a holo would feel like a waste - of both polishes. I'm just not that into competition.

Formula and application is great, and approved by both me and Cammi. Cammi especially pointed out that it doesn't seem to thicken up in the bottle neck as fast as some other crackle polishes do. Personally I experienced that it was a bit thicker after a few uses, and I had to close the bottle and shake in the middle of the manicure. However, I don't see this as a problem. I too love this one, over the right shade it's just spectacular!

Also, here's an alternate take on the bottle shot:

Swedish word of the day:
sten -noun rock
Finally possible to receate as a manicure!

28 comments:

  1. One of the best things I have seen nail-wise since flakey topcoats and maybe even better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åååh va fint, måste vara det vackraste cracklelacket jag sett! Måste definitivt skaffa det. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This nail polish is really beautiful and it looks great on yours nails :) and the last picture - haha, I love cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I want the whole collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the sparkle, gorgeous! I'm buying 2 bottles of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Silver Shatter is the one winner out of the bunch! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this one! So blingy and pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Looks really, really, really nice! Liking the SasR and Stronghold versions best. :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. DROOL! Hope I can get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this is my my first time seeing this I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this looks great! so sparkly! love the diffrent effects youve created with it. i cant wait for the Models Own smash ups to come out aswell!
    love from a brand new follower :)
    Emily @emilysnailfiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I want this so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it :)
    Though I love it over the pirates collection too :)
    I took a while to figure out those were Stöj's paws lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the combination with the Nubar stronghold polish, simply perfect!
    Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I must get it! Great swatches btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not as beautiful as I'd expected but still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been resisting the shatter/crackle trend, but for this, I may have to give in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't need the POC colors, but I definitely NEED this :)

    Awesome swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. TheNailAddict...not as beautiful as you expected? To quote Féline, do you see that?! You crazy, girl!

    It's gorgeous, I need at least 34,645 bottles of this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning! Much better than the other Crackles... I almost agree with Arianne; 50 000 bottles! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this, much more beautiful than other crackles!!! BTW You made really nice patterns :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice photos! I just got my Silver Shatter, and I will have to try some different brush strokes. I'm wearing it today over China Glaze For Audrey and it looks fantastic.

    One thought for putting it over a holo - I got cute results by just putting a diagonal stripe of shatter across the middle of the nail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.