Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dotting pirates

Just when you thought you had enough of the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean polishes, I'm back with yet another manicure! As I was swatching them, my daughter dragged out my dotting tools and asked me to use them. I believe she thinks they, the dotting tools themselves, have pretty colored handles. Said and done, I just dolloped the five colors that weren't already on my nails, and dotted away.

Isn' that cute? It's like a huge bowl of ice cream. The base is Mermaid's Tears, of course.

A terribly JPG-grainy closeup availabale as well:

I had much fun staring at my nails this day. All thanks to my creative little girl. (OK, I did some creating too.)

Taking the opportunity to throw in a comparison that was asked for by Anne, of Mermaid's Tears next to OPI Damone Roberts 1968.

Not terribly alike, as you can tell. Well worth owning both, if you're into pastel greens.

Swedish word of the day:
stava -verb spell
Obviously I can't, and not a single one of you pointed out that I can't spell Caribbean! ;)

26 comments:

  1. OMG, cuteness overload.
    I am so trying this Féline <3
    Your nails are so long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I really need to get my hands on some dotting tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very CUTE!!! love the colors! cant wait till they are realeased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO cute! Such a fun look for spring!

    Do you know how OPI Damone Roberts 1968 compares to Isadora "Vintage Mint" (or China Glaze "Re-freshmint" as that is a close dupe to it) and/or Catrice "Sold out forever"?

    I have the Isadora one, but I adore how Damone Roberts 1968 and Sold out forever look, so I would love to know how similar they actually are :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute and fun nails! I have another dupe question: How bout Essie's Turquoise & Caicos and Mermaid's tears? Dupes or just related?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tips look like Dippin' Dots (specifically the Birthday Cake flavor!), I don't know if they have that in Sweden, but it's the first thing that came to mind when I saw your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO amazingly pretty & cute ! :)
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it, it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way this came out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would make a nice Easter mani!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a colorful and happy mani, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely mani <3 so sweet!
    Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This mani reminds me of Dipping Dots. They're little ice cream balls. LoL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cutee! reminds me of cotton candy colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and simple, just like I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! And thanks for the comparison - I was curious of these two myself! Clearly different enough to own both. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one awesome idea. I might have to try this myself. It is so spring-like and sweet looking. Your daughter is a great motivator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Supersött, nu behöver jag också dotting tools!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmmm i didn't think this collection held any interest for me but this is quite a nice shade. thanks for the photos! you have mad dotting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty manicure! Soooo sweet!

    Do you maybe own Orly Gumdrop?
    How is it compared to Mermaid's tears?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooow pretty! I definitely have to get me some dotting tools (I have one that's terribly small)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's so cute! It makes me think of Dippin' Dots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.