Wednesday, June 1, 2011

All buckled!

So, upon receiving the new OPI Serena Williams England lacquers last week, I couldn't contain myself and tried on the coarse, oxidized silver foil Your Royal Shine-ness before I had worn Grape... Set... Match for even a day. The thing I love about silver foils is that they're great for layering weird glitters over. Said and done, I pulled out my, still untried, bottle of Milani Jewel FX in Silver.


To quote myself tweeting this manicure the same evening: Is it cancer? Is it herpes? Is it Lady Gaga? The Milani glitter is pretty dense, so this is one coat only - I even tried to keep it thin - over three coats of the OPI.

However, the next day my manicure started to look a little cracked, since I'm one of those who have thin and soft nails and my nails easily bend. But I just couldn't bear parting with my crazy nails yet, so what did I do? I tried layering another coat of Your Royal Shine-ness on top of it.



...And this is one thin coat on top. I love how it looks all dented, like something a grade school student would have made in crafts class. (We hammered tiny copper bowls back in the day when I was a kid.)

As far as I am concerned, this is, thus far, The Manicure Of The Year in my house. I loved this one to pieces - literally. I had to file my nails down for yet another work shift at the nursing home, and did so without removing all this glory.

Also, this is what the infamous Deborah Lippmann Marquee Moon should have looked like. (Yes, I own that one too - painfully.)

How do you like it?

Swedish word of the day:
buckla -noun dent, buckle
Oh yeah baby.

24 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks rly sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! It's like hammered metal jewelry! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever seen online swatches of the Deborah Lippmann polish, but my first thought was that this looked like an improved version of that! So cool! I'm starting to really crave the Milani Jewel FX's :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! And I was totally thinking it was what Marquee Moon should've looked like! Great minds think alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I saw that last picture, I was like Ha Marquee Moon Redux. Yours looks so so much better though...I can definitely see the whole hammered tin bowl thing you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it. Is there a gold version of this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant! I love how the glitter became an awesome base for the final textured look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. this is excellent! i must get this onto my nails, pronto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AWESOME, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the hammered aluminum look. What a fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woow! Hur fränt som helst. Gillar båda manikyrerna. Blev lite lätt sugen på Milani-glittret nu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love the hammered look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! that DL is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this I also own Marquee moon too :-/ and it I would love it if it looked like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The final hammered look is a winner for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! This is something Lady Gaga would pick for a manicure on her nails; it would match the majority of her outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! i really really love this one

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a genius combination! Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. THIS IS AMAZING! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely stunning! I just rushed to purchase these polishes to try it myself! Amazing work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.