Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Comparison of blue cremes

Yes, you read the headline correct- yet another comparison! Growing tired of them yet? I know I never do. There are always great comparisons made by people of different working minds, people who will come up with associations I had never thought of! I am almost sure you feel the same way.

While we're at it, I just want to recommend another blog I make sure to read in detail, another great resource for well thought through comparisons- the lovely MeganChair's Little Music Boxes. For example, the other day she posted an awesome comparison of purple jellies with shimmer/micro glitter/glitter, that I was going to do, but now I don't have to, because hers was much, much better! Make sure to check it out.

Back on subject. Blue cremes. You know what? I bought a polish a little while ago that made me fall back in love with blue, and with the cremes especially. I had a very vibrant love affair with blue polish when I was in my early teens, but with time, I left blue, when I decided greens were even hotter companions. Of course, I have kept on collecting blues through the years, but I haven't been crazy about them the way I used to be. But this one, single polish changed all that. It made me order entire packages of only blue cremes, that I had passed on earlier. But more on my love in a minute. First: the whole bunch!

16 of 'em. I was going to wait with this comparison until I had collected a full wheel, 18, but seriously... I didn't have the patience!

So, the one that made my heart sing? Look:

Yeah, it seems the native brand did it for me- H&M Blue My Mind. This polish is weird. At first I didn't think much of it, in the bottle, especially since the pigments wasn't blended very well. See how the bottle has this milky blue at the top? If my photos hadn't been so crappy, you would have been able to see all the concentrated pigments stuck in the bottom.

Before I applied this honey for the first time, I was flipping it upside down and sideways and whatnot direction, to let the pigments sink from bottom to top. Then I was shaking it like crazy, then letting it rest on the cap or side again. Shake, flip, shake, flip...

Before this comparison, I put the bottle upside down for maybe ten minutes, then shaking it like a madman. Still, doesn't get more blended than this:

And please excuse all the dust on the bottle. I'm just way too excited to remember to wipe it off while at business!

You can see a finished manicure with this polish in this post.

Back to the bunch. Here they are all lined up. Sorting them was difficult this time!


And to make my co-European blogger nihrida happy, I have also arranged a bottle comparison... Just to keep you waiting for a few more moments! Teehee.

First, the really dusty ones: oldie H&M Blue Cream (well over 10 years old), Depend 170, and OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees.


Then we have a couple little dusty, or green-tinted: OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui and Orly Calypso Breeze.


Brights and neons! Color Club Chelsea Girl (better known as 220 Volts), Misa Pour Me Something Tall and Strong, H&M Blue My Mind.


The darker gang: a decanted bottle of Nfu Oh 119, China Glaze Calypso Blue, Color Cob Naughtycal Navy.


And last we have the medium blue ones. Essie Mesmerize, Misa On the Edge, OPI Dating a Royal, Depend 171, and China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway.


The finished product? Tadaa!


1. H&M Blue Cream
2. OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui
3. Color Club Chelsea Girl
4. Orly Calypso Breeze
5. Depend 170
6. Misa Pour Me Something Tall and Strong
7. H&M Blue My Mind
8. Essie Mesmerize
9. Depend 171
10. OPI Dating a Royal
11. Misa On the Edge
12. China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway
13. China Glaze Calypso Blue
14. Nfu Oh 119
15. Color Club Naughtycal Navy
16. OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees

Most of these are two coats, except the jellies and neons: Chelsea Girl, Pour Me Something Tall and Strong, Dating a Royal, 119, and the watery sheer Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees. Also I'd like to point out that both Depends are onecoaters! I did two here though, just to be somewhat consistent.

I would dare to say, that numbers 8 through 12, you will only need one of, if you're not über crazy about the blues. 13 to 16 seem very similar in this pic also. I wish I had done a one coat base color shot, but I failed this time. Out of those, I think China Glaze Calypso Blue is my favourite.

The dusty ones make me tingly. I really loved wearing the other native brand's, Depend, 170. Kelly let me guest blog on that particulat color over at Vampy Varnish, check it out!

What do you think? Are you crazy about blue cremes?

Anette Norberg, skipper of the Swedish women's curling team, seems to be! She was spotted wearing a medium blue polish while drawing against Canada in the Olympics yesterday.

Swedish word of the day:
blåöga -noun from blå blue and öga eye black-eye
Because of absolutely no particular reason at all.

6 comments:

  1. OMG! Thank you so much for this post! You and MeganChair have the most vicious comparisons ever. =) I think I'm in love with Depend and H&M. Too bad I can't get any of them here in Slovenia. They looks sooooooo good!
    Wish list just got even longer. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a helpful comparison, Thanks! I have a few of these and now I want to wear them! :) But none of them, absolutely none, make me drool like Nfu Oh 557.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooow!
    Colours that caught my attention were #7 and #9!
    I will probably pop out and get them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. would you say that 'Suzi Says Feng Shui' is very similar to 'Calipso Breeze'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Livia: No, not very. SSFS is more dusty, I believe. If you love blue cremes, both are worth owning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.