Tuesday, September 14, 2010

OPI Burlesque Collection - skittle swatches

This afternoon I went to one of those press release parties Swedish OPI hosts every once in a while, together with my co-blogger Cammi and Emilie of krex. I'm still a bit dizzy after the sparkling drinks, but managed some crappy skittle swatches. To make up for the crappiness, these are more huge than usual, so you can all click these to enlarge and inspect in detail, both the polishes and my flaws.

Some photos are a tiny bit blurry, but if you enlarge, you'll pretty much get the picture anyway. Okay, here goes.

L-R: Simmer & Shimmer, Extra-Va-Vaganza, Glow Up Already!, Bring On The Bling. All at two coats except Extra-Va-Vaganza at three.

L-R: Take The Stage, Rising Star, Sparkle-iscious, Show It & Glow It!. All are two coats.

L-R: Tease-y Does It!, Ali's Big Break, Let Me Entertain You!, The Show Must Go On. Three coats each.

And now some even crappier closeups on the last four shimmers to try to capture what they're about...

The Show Must Go On. A duochrome foil like some of the ones we've seen lately, looks silvery cool from a direct angle, but warms up into a warm gold from the side. Very awesome.

Let Me Entertain You!. Magenta, fuchsia kind of foil shimmer. Has that same foil particles thing going on as the previous one, but smaller. I'm already surprised by how much I like this one. But I guess it's bordering alizarin...

Ali's Big Break. Oooh, I also get my big break! (Yes, I promise to quit all these intended puns.) Red base with... Hold on to your hats... Foil shimmer! Which is cool because we all love all the foil shimmers we've had lately. Right?

And last, but certainly not least... My favourite of the bunch!

Ooohs and aaahs!

Tease-y Does It!. OMFG. I love this one. Look at eet. LOOK AT EEET! Okay, okay, I'll try to calm down. Very dark brown vampy base with... Foil shimmer! Taadaa. The brown is so dark that in low light it seems just charcoal. Which is fine by me. I can't even begin to explain how much I love this shade. All I know is it's so fucking gorgeous, it's going on tonight after my shower.

Cammi and I will show you full swatches of some of these for sure. Are there any particular ones you're interested in seeing? Which ones are calling to you?

Swedish word of the day:
påse -noun bag
Some have yummier contents than others.

38 comments:

  1. JEALOUS!
    you're so lucky! ;D

    awesome swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I wanted Tease-y does it. But now I know I NEED it!!

    Thanks for swatching these, me likes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG The jealousy in bones is killing me. Hotness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love all the flecky ones: Tease-y Does It!, Ali's Big Break, Let Me Entertain You!, The Show Must Go On

    I'm getting those for sure!!

    I know the glitters are going to be the big hit of this collection, but they just don't do it for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are sooo pretty!!! :-O I want them all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED THEM ALL. my wallet protests :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. If these are crappy swatches, I am going to be in big trouble when you do good ones, because these made me want colors that I'd already crossed off my shoppping list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tease-y Does It is the only one I like, but I hate the name. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I need them ALL too :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need ALL the glitters, this is such an awesome collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need those glitters!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of these remind me of Nubar's Venetian Glass Collection...would love to see comparisons if you have them.
    I love the one you love...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are pretty nice. Surprisingly nice. From the promo-info (and the debacle that followed) I wasn't expecting much, but this is a collection where I wouldn't mind 3 or 4 polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the swatches!!! i la la love teasey does it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need Show it and Glow it, ffs, that's OH SO PRETTEEEH. Tease-y Does It also goes on my lemmings-list.

    *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them <3 I want all but 2 of them. I would even want Take The Stage and Rising Star if they would suit my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the non-glitters the most! They're fabulous! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like Tease-y Does It!, looks different and unique :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need all of these--how beautiful! Thanks for the skittles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am not blown away. :'(

    Something is really wrong with me. I'll have to wait and see. Maybe they'll grow on me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm ready to sell a kidney for these!!! Spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhhh so pretty! They will all be awesome for the Holiday seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. I am shocked. I thought I would want them all but there's nothing really calling to me apart from Tease-y Does It. No doubt I will change my mind later in the year and buy the entire collection though!

    Thankyou for this x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow och OMFG! Har inte haft OPI-begär på länge men detta är första OPI-kollektionen där jag vill ha alla! Gaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all who commented! I'll try to answer some of your comments, while having my lunch salad at work. ;D

    Sarah B.: I'm not really into these glitters either. I guess those who loved MAAH will love these too, but all I can think of is how hard it will be to get them off. :D I may use one or two of them layered over a silver foil or something, but just one thin coat... I don't like to have puke on my nails.

    KarenD: Or, you'll cross them off again! :D Remember these swatches aren't particularily justifying, maybe they are uglier in person. :D

    nihrida: I hate all the names. And what's up with all these fucking exclamation marks?! Suzi Is Silly - a berry frost.

    Elizabeth: Unfortunately I don't, I didn't like that many shades so I only got Verde, but would like Vino... Although from what I understand, the Nubars are glassfleck shimmers?! These are mostly foils. The gold and copper ones are most definitely foils.

    schmut: I am pleasantly suprised too, and ended up liking one that didn't look like much in the promo shots.

    Laura: Maybe it's just my crappy swatches. :) But hey, we're also all different, and I am glad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Helen: Maybe you'll change your mind when Scrangie posts, as we all often do! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think this is the first collection in a long time where I need ALL of them. Ahhh, damn glitter fetish making me poor!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my! I'm in trouble, I hap originally planned on getting 3, now I'm already up to five..0what's it gonna be when Scrangie posts??? (not that your swatches aren't absolutely fine, but you know that woman is a photography witch ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I really dislike you for posting this, now I have to buy crappy christmas presents for everyone because all my money goes directly to OPI ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. thnak you thank you for the swatch!
    at firts i just palnning get the glitters
    and now i want them all!!
    OMFG!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Our Burlesque Collection just arrived this morning! I can't wait to take it out of the box! This post got me all the more excited! Hey, could you do Absolutely Alice against Simmer & Shimmer?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hmmm I wonder if "The Show Must Go On" is a dupe for Bad Fairy?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous: Coming up in a close future. :)

    M: Supposedly they're not, according to Michelle Mismas. She's promised a comparison when the US bloggers are allowed to post the Burlesque collection!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So, bloggers cannot post photos of the burlesque collection, but there are photos here and I've posted mine on the nail board. I'm confused...does she have a contract with OPI or something?

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm usually not into glitter, but damn!

    ahhhhhhhh! Two of them somewhat look like mad as a hatter. must have...

    ReplyDelete
  36. I do love this shade, it looks amazing, the colors are so adorable and the texture looks perfect, thank you, I love your site..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice remark I could add. I as well searched for that celular chino and I found this topic. I'll glance at extra stuff you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.