Monday, November 14, 2011

In denial

No, it's not fall, not fall, not just yet... Or is it? *holds hands over ears, singing loudly* Sha-la-la-laaa... Okay, it's fall. Late fall, even. Sweden sucks right now. It's dark and gloomy all day. If I'm lucky, I see one single beam of sun every now and then, but not likely, as I often sleep during all the light hours - I wake up after dark and go to work, then walk home at dawn and go to sleep.

I however still paint my nails regularly. I just don't have any decent light to photograph them. But some days, I have time off! Like today. And here's what I had to do: put on something really bright and... Well, spring like.




Ta-daa! This is first two coats of New York Summer Phsyo, a highlighter yellow neon jelly (second and third photos show the color less inaccurate), then one thin coat of Essence Edward, which was gifted to me by my dear friend Saša, then another thin coat of Phsyo. There is some holo glitter in Edward, and using it for a jelly sandwich of course kills some of it - but not all!

This combination may not be for the faint of heart, but I love crazy manicures like this one. And shockingly, it actually did dry after some time, despite the massive layering and yellow pigments - meanwhile, I watched an episode of the new Swedish criminal drama Anno 1790, that I missed out on while working last Monday. (I could write some about this series, but let's just say it's a tiny bit ridiculous, but I like that it shows the real dirt and disease of the era - no larger cities were clean or fluffy back then.)

Oh well. You'll be surprised to know I do have a few posts piled up, and the week off, so last week's silence won't repeat itself!

Swedish word of the day:
smuts -noun dirt
It's all over.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cool!!!
    I'm also a fan of 'crazy' manis. Very noticeable and compliment catching :)
    Reminds me a bit of gorgonzola cheese with those green particles as mold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn and winter just suck light-wise. I have the same problems with the lack of light as you do. This is however a great mani. I love the brightness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh, vilken härlig och pigg manikyr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I wish yellow was my color..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. What a terrific combination...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, great color combo, it really brights up the day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE this so much, I want something similar for my next pedi, I think! I adore bright searing colors, year round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon-lime at its best! How adorable! If it was gloomy all week, I'd want to wear something like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good bright clean yellow for bumping my mood up! You are totally rocking with that Essence...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colors look so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! Makes me long for summer and Essence Twins polishes =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This rocks. So awesome! If I had this on my nails it would definitely help take the late fall blues away... <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely color and glitter combo. Hopefully it makes you feel a little bit of summer back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah det här blev man ju helt glad av :) Har inte sett den serien men det kanske kan vara nåt om det finns på play.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Älskar detta! Vilken lyckomanikyr! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.