Thursday, October 20, 2011

Near Dark

All over the place right now, but here's my take on one of the China Glaze offerings for Halloween this year, Near Dark.




Last photo slightly over-exposed to show the base color - which I love. I believe this was two coats, and I loved everything about this polish. Color, application, actually wearing it during the day. I know some are not feeling these "almost black" colors, but I do. I love knowing it's not really black, even if some may believe it is. Though I do think it doesn't look all that black if decent light is present. This is a vampy that suits me perfectly. It's my favourite nail polish color, and it's elegant.

Also, I happen to like the name because it reminds me of my teens. Back when I was constantly checking up on the metal underground movement and saw to that I had the most talked about demos and fanzines - and Near Dark was just that, the name of one of the Swedish metal fanzines. I had a friend with whom I thoroughly kept track of what was happening, and it just so happened that we used to be penpals, you know, back in the day when people were exchanging snail mail, with one each of the two guys responsible for the Near Dark mag. And it just so happened that one of the guys later on kinda sorta introduced my SO and I to each other. And the rest is, like they say, history.

Swedish word of the day:
tonår -noun teens
We have all been there.

9 comments:

  1. so nice.
    are you intrested in i-swap? if u are, please write to me - julia.r.wasielewska@onet.pl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the almost black colors but this one is a little too close to black for my taste. I miss the days of pen pals and good snail mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great polish. I love it. Reminds me a little bit to Zoya Raven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two from the Halloween collection, It's Alive and Haunted (Haunting? Can't remember). This one is a bit too blackened for me. For some odd reason I'm really bothered with too blackened greens, although I love vampy colours and all sorts of black polish. But green ... it's like they want me to think it's green, but it's not and I feel cheated for the greeness of the colour. And with greens I take stuff like that quite personally. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on how you described it, it's Feline color. It's green-ish, it's dark and it's name has got a story behind it. It should be your 'signature' shade. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha, I had a penpal from Scottland when I was in middle school....it was great fun! I do love this color, but I don't think it would look very good on me...I am too pale, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE this color too. It's perfect! And it totally brings me back to my teens, I think my first polish was a Wet N Wild black creme. Near Dark is such a sexy shade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Near Dark! Me and my little metal head boyfriend used to sit around and pore over that fanzine, a few others too- sympathetic Scandanavian metal-lovers would snail-mail us fanzines & the like, because everything here in the US was just uncool, compared to the metal movement in Scandanavia. Hahaha! Good old times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. continually I visited your blog looking for some news about this, and thanks to your wonderful work all the time I find just I need to know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.