Friday, January 14, 2011

Teenage Dream and Carnival Lights

Pink and glitter, what's not to love? This is OPI Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection. It consists of a sheer pink base with silver micro glitter and hexagonal holographic glitter. I did two coats and got VNL but that doesn't bother me with this polish. You might be able to get this opaque with more layers but I didn't want it to be thicker than it was at two layers. I wore his for four days and then it peeled off in in flakes so I just draged it off, easy removal for once :)



You can see Feline's close-up here.
The closest pink glitter in my collection is China Glae Carnival Lights. Here's a comparison:

They both have the same hexagonal holographic glitter but TD has more and CL's base is more pink.
Swedish word of the day:
helg -noun weekend
It's here!

14 comments:

  1. very pretty :) i like the comparison, i never thought of those being similar but they are really close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it but looks like is a pain to remove :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I can't wait to get this polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the comparison! As soon as I saw TD, I started wondering how close it was to CL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty :)
    Just got the Katy Perry one, hope it arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely... First time I've seen a Katy Perry polish used in a way I liked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i did a post on nfu oh gs 14. I think it looks like Icing Blackout but with slightly bigger glitter pieces in it http://shortwidenails.blogspot.com/2011/01/nfu-oh-gs-14-la-colors-metallic.html

    I wanted to get this..but I'm not a fan of how opaque it is =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both... yummy!
    Jag tycker förresten att du ska ha en stylish blogger award, http://lackad.blogspot.com/2011/01/en-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaaah! I love the both so much! Need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I own Carnival Lights, and I was wondering how it compared to Teenage Dream. Too close to get both...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I tagged you for the Stylish Blogger Award!! http://passthepolishplease.blogspot.com/2011/01/ive-been-tagged-stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all of your comments and the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. is carnival lights still available at sally's?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep coming back to look at this post, the pics really soothe my soul :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.