Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The one that got away

From the Katy Perry collection by OPI. I don't know about this one. It looks way cooler in the bottle with gold and purple shimmer that doesn't really translate all the way onto the nail. It does somewhat resemble Let Me Entertain You from the Burlesque collection but TOTGA is more burgundy, berry red while LMEY is more fuchsia. I have taken pictures of this at three separate occasions because I wasn't satisfied with the outcome the first two times. Since this looks different in different lights I'll show you pictures from two of the occasions. IMO, picture number 2 is the most accurate. I did two coats but could have done three because it was still a little sheer on some nails. The first two pictures are taken outside in daylight, no sun:


Picture number 3 and 4 are taken inside by the window in the afternoon sun. I belive I did three coats.


It looks like a different polish, I found it impossible to capture the shimmer flecks in this light and it looks a little more brown than it really is but after I took picture number 1 and 2 earlier today and went inside and looked at my nails, they looked like in number 3 and 4 so I decided to include all these pictures to show you how this polish changes depending on the light. A lot of rambling today...

Swedish word of the day
halka -noun slipperiness
Because I was out driving today and the roads were very slippery!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I LOVE the outdoor look! Highlights that glass flecked look that I'm digging so much right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this shade!
    I got this polish because of Feline's swatches, and this just makes me see I was right about getting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.