Monday, January 10, 2011

Blue skies again

Finally there's some blue visible between the clouds in Stockholm! Suitable for showing you this layered manicure, even though it was worn on a cloudy day...


This is a nice duochrome polish I swapped with a sweet American to obtain, Blue Sky from Scherer's small Chameleon line. One coat over Sally Hansen Gray by Gray, since I had read the formula would be horrendous, which I can now confirm, and I figured I wouldn't have the patience to build it from bare nails. Duochromes are very useful for layering purposes though, and I feel it's often adequate to use them this way.

What's not visible in these photos are the strong lilac flash from a direct angle, so try to imagine that being there. You know how cameras work with these magenta tones... Sigh.

And here are some more pics for ya:




Swedish word of the day:
extrapass -noun extra work shift
I got a little too nice and accepted one tonight.

8 comments:

  1. I love this polish. It's actually not to hard to build up, because it dries so fast. You have to apply it like a holo. If you reapply over the same spot, it makes a bald spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this in my untrieds and i bought it over a year ago *hits head*...thanks for reminding me why i grabbed it in the fist place, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooeehh this is a gorgeous duochrome!!! Really really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! How much I love blue duochromes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Åh, det här var fantastiskt vackert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, this is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.