Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Austin-tatiously renewed

Finally some time on my nails to show you the most ostentatious shade from the OPI Texas collection - Austin-tatious Turquoise.




Four coats. Duochrome, purple flashing, blue shimmer in sheer greenish base.

Before I proceed, I'd like to mention that I believe the shimmer pigment is the same one used in Sea? I Told You from the summer 2009 collection Sunbelievable. Back then, suspended in a sheer blue base instead of a green one. And I think this is pretty much the only difference.

Is green better? Maybe I should leave it up to you to decide, after inspecting the nice look of my free edges in the photos above. Do they look nice? No?

As you probably know by now, we have poor lighting conditions in Sweden these days. Therefore I have limited chances of reviewing polishes in different situations and lighting. Though, I do want to mention that in lamp light, and more specifically in an angle facing away from it, not much more than the green base shows through. I can't really see how much of a prominent effect this really is though, because of... Well, the afore mentioned conditions.

I so wanted to like this idea. But I don't. Not really. However, I can't get around that I feel like I would have, had it been better executed. Actually, I think you'll get better results just layering this one, or its predecessor, over an opaque green. Seriously.

Still, it has beautiful shimmer, and if you do not have a polish containing it already, maybe you should get yourself one.

Swedish word of the day:
sjögrön -adjective sea green
I guess this one is...

9 comments:

  1. I actually like this color a lot. I will definitely be getting this one. Thanks so much for the helpful swatch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color. I will have to get it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this color. It's different than anything I have in my ever-expanding stash. I'll probably be picking this one up when it's available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As many times before: I LOVE it on the last (close up) photo, but I don't really like the color + it's too sheer looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty, but I'm not sure about it...mmm, is it similar in color to Yodel in My Cell?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just gotta say, I ALWAYS look forward to your honest reviews. Someday I'd love to see a comparison with the other color you mention: Sea, I Told You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oerhört vackra bilder, som alltid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the photos, this colour is beautiful. it reminds me of some Nubar duochromes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah B.: Comp coming up when less gloomy in Stockholm - but not really, no. :)

    Elizabeth: Thank you! <3 And comp will be coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.