Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gold foil/metallics comparison

Time for some gold! This is my collection of golden foils and metallics, I also included some bronze/coppery shades and Swing Baby, which is more of a frosty taupe.

1. Orly Luxe , 2. China Glaze Midnight Kiss, 3. OPI Glitzerland, 4. OPI Glamour Game, 5. China Glaze 2030, 6. China Glaze Passion, 7. China Glaze HI-TEK, 8. China Glaze Jingle Bells, 9. China Glaze Swing baby

Let's have closer look at 1. Orly Luxe , 2. China Glaze Midnight Kiss, 3. OPI Glitzerland, 4. OPI Glamour Game:


The differences between the gold foils (1, 2 and 3)? Glitzerland (3) is a liiiiittle bit less yellow than the other two. Glamour Game looks sheer compared to the others but I have worn this as a full manicure and remember that it was opaque at three coats. The colour is more champagne than gold and it has sparse golden glitter, very pretty!
And now the rest 5. China Glaze 2030, 6. China Glaze Passion, 7. China Glaze HI-TEK, 8. China Glaze Jingle Bells, 9. China Glaze Swing baby


When looking at the bottles, I thought 2030 and passion were going to be dupes or close to dupes (passion looks a little bit more yellow in the bottle) but 2030 is way more coppery and passion has some brush strokes issues. HI-TEK and Jingle Bells feels like the copper/bronze versions of 2030 and passion. I would describe HI-TEK as a metallic and Jingle Bells as somewhere in between a metallic and a foil. Jingle Bells leftsome brush strokes. Swing Baby is a taupe foil, I just included it in this comparison cause I hadn't tried it before and wanted to see how it compared to the rest (I must wear this as a full manicure soon)!
Swedish word of the day:
skotta -verb shove
I have to go outside and shove snow...

2 comments:

  1. ...a year later, but thanks for this post. I've been gathering my golds and wondering about some that I don't have. You've helped me decide which I may need and which I could skip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.