Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sea Cap

I figured you're all tired of seeing swatches of the latest China Glaze release, Anchors Away, so I just ventured on into layering land with a couple of the ones I acquired recently. Here is White Cap over Sea Spray.




This is one coat of White Cap over three coats of Sea Spray. I'm still having a rather hard time applying pastel like polishes, but with that third coat it mostly looks good. And yes, I'm still trying to mess with myself by wearing colors that aren't typically me. This manicure I actually enjoyed quite a bit, and spent lots of time studying closely while in class. I also got compliments from my sweet Cuban classmate on it (and while she was at it, she also threw in a compliment on the manicure she remembered me wearing the day before, which was Orly's Galaxy Girl). I have to admit I like getting compliments on my nails...

Swedish word of the day:
havsbris -noun ocean breeze
Honestly, not really my thing - I'm a lake kind of gal.

21 comments:

  1. Pretty! Like the sun after a cloudy day on your nails :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. We can't be always buying new polish. Let's see how we can make the most of what we have by layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so serene, very nice!
    I also love getting compliments on my polished nails, but hey, who doesn't? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew these were both really pretty, but this is amazingly pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a super pretty combo, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I can't wait til I can get my hands on this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very very nice <3 Looks so pretty on you!

    I am so anxious for my Anchors Away polishes to arrive. I wasn't expecting to like this collection the way I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I may actually have to get those. I haven't been convinced to get anything before, but after seeing that...I've changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit this is the first post that has made me really want this polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. White Cap is gorgeous, I can see myself layering with that one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a gorgeous combo. you deserve all the compliments you receive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ser bra ut, måste ha White Cap! Håller på att komma ur influensakoman och hoppas på sol imorrn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Det ser helt underbart ut! Jag längtar efter mina Anchors Away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous and unique combination. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I need to get this color! The shimmer adds wonders to it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love! And getting compliments on my nails almost tops being told I'm pretty/whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.