Monday, August 9, 2010

Burgundy Orchid

I had a hard time picturing myself getting rid of my Black Tie Optional manicure, even though it was chipped, worn on tips, and had scratches all over. Then I remembered... I had another freakin' awesome duochrome waiting for me!






Okay, you can have some more. Sorry about the overall condition of nails and manicure.


Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Burgundy Orchid. Another one of the awesome polishes my dearest nihrida sent me. Can't believe she could part from it! Shown is one single coat on top of my Black Tie Optional mani. I was wondering what would happen if I layered a duochrome on top of another. Well, the duochrome of the first polish vanished, of course. But Black Tie Optional provided me with a nice, deep, vampy base to make the Nail Prism come out way more awesomesauce. Otherwise I have a feeling I would have had to use three coats and ended up with a medium purple-red. Come to think of it, I'll have to try that too. Someday.

I have had so much fun with this manicure today. I wish every nail day was this nice. Thank you so much, dear friend Sasa! I'm in lifelong debt to you.

Oh yes, I am a duochrome ho.

Swedish word of the day:
orkidé -noun orchid
Because they're damn pretty and I collect them. Some. Not as much as polish.

8 comments:

  1. Holy shit! That is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I love this one...
    It's perfect!

    I'm hosting my 1st giveaway,take a look and see if it interests you : bit.ly/9f2lV3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helt otroligt snyggt! Det här är mer i min smak! Har flera gånger nästan klickat hem den här från eBay men inte gjort slag i saken. Det gör jag nästa gång jag snubblar över den! Sally Hansen har några av de läckraste duokroma lacken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://cod-mulher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.