Wednesday, January 25, 2012

China Glaze II: Beatnik

Only one photo today, because... Guess what? No sun. Actually, I know I've already failed this theme week a bit, but I blame this on the fact that I accidentally fell asleep after breakfast yesterday and woke up just before dusk, and the photo below is all I got of my new China Glaze manicure - this is Beatnik, from all the way back in 2003.

I did three coats, and the color is a warm grey with a sort of metallic pearly frosty finish. The finish isn't s horrible as it sounds, it's just hard to define. You may also label it a fine shimmer, I suppose, but it's not that kind of yucky frost we all love to hate, but still fine enough to create a very shiny look. In lower light it looks like yet another steely grey, but as soon as you get a better look at it, it's brownish enough to lean sorta taupe. I don't know, does it really matter? It's more than 8 years old (released in the fall 2003 collection Bohemian Chic), and I highly doubt anyone will be trying to hunt it down after seeing this photo of it.

Beatnik, I'm sorry I couldn't do you justice. On the other hand, you're not all that good. So I guess we're even.

Swedish word of the day:
konformitet -noun conformity
Not for the Beatniks.

8 comments:

  1. Jag har haft den en gång i tiden gillade den väl okej tror jag. Bytte alla fall bort den och nu ångrar jag mig lite eftersom den nog skulle matcha Siri rätt bra. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you take photos of your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kanske inte det mest unika lacket men det passade dig fint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks like a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jag gillar Beatnik, det ser fint ut på dig. Ännu ett av mina oprövade...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade pops up on blogs a lot - mostly on wishlists! I was not following CG polish collections back then - they had no distribution at all in my area. But in the 80s both CND (then call Creative for short) and CG were the go to polish brands for many professionals. That was pre OPI days. Finally we got Sallys in my area and I have the ability living in a rural area to get out and travel 60 miles to see CG polish now. This is a great old shade that stand the test of time...which it would get a re-release.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this- its one of the first polishes I got and it's an early metallic greige-- love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.