Sunday, February 6, 2011

Depending on spring...

...to show up soon, dammit! Meanwhile, let's take a closer look at some of the spring colors from Depend. These photos are a bit inconsistent and actually rather sloppy, but I hope you like me a tiny tad anyway. All are shown alone, without base or topcoat.




218. One of the many polishes of the collection containing dense silver shimmer. I like that, and this one is a raspberry pink even I would consider wearing. Two coats.




221. These photos have been color corrected (my camera refuses to pick up any green tones whatsoever), and this is a slightly turquoise blue, or possibly dusty blue, with the same shimmer as the previous one. Cute. Three coats.




225. Green metallic. Color corrected, because... Well, green. Prone to brush strokes, requires some extra TLC. If handled with care, it's not that bad, and I actually like it, though I understand it's not for everyone. Two coats.



227. Underwent the color correction from hell. It's actually a very bright, cool green, but the green tones are severly washed out. Imagine the greenishness being there. And once again, the same silver shimmer. Three coats.


228. This is a full manicure with topcoat. A pretty sky blue with the very same shimmer most of the others have. And sorry, there was no sun that day. Two coats.



230. Milk chocolate brown creme. A nice brown, nothing to write home about though. Two coats.

How do you feel about these now that you've seen them fully swatched?



And now for the terrible bonus - crackle french tips with Cracked Effect 5002.

As you can see, I made these on top of the blue 228. The idea of doing crackle French tips only was something I picked up from somewhere, and I thought I'd give it a go. Since I pretty much suck at painting freehand French tips, I thought that maybe, maybe, I'll get away with crackle ones, since the polish will contract unevenly anyway. Well. Any French tip design still requires nails considerably longer than mine, and obviously even crackle ones would need a steadier hand. Or prettier colors. I don't know, and I don't care. I didn't like it and won't try it again!

Swedish word of the day:
slarvig -adjective sloppy, careless
I know I am.

15 comments:

  1. I bought all of these, except for the brown one (I got the whole collection but the first and the two last on your color wheel... I don't remember the numbers :P), and I love them! I'm just waiting for my nails to grow out a bit - I used to bite my nails, and every now and then I relapse... Painfully :( I didn't get the crackles, though, but I think I will, once my self-imposed nail polish shopping ban is lifted :P And I actually liked the crackle tip, but I'm generally a sucker for funky Frenches in general, and especially shorter ones... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. 227 and 228 - to die for! Lovely swatches, hun! :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all except for the brown. Why is there a brown anyway! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I love them all. You make everything look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors, wonderful nails and photos and great polished nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will get 218 and 221. The other ones are not for me.. the brown one yes but I have browns that are very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for these awesome swatches! Now I'm sure I don't regret ordering 225, 227, 228 (this one is particualry to die for!) and now i'm really starting to think I also need 221 ... we'll see. I'm not a fan of French tips, but i also don't have enough patience and steady hand for it, so I feel you, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shimmer in these! I especially like 225 and 227. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are pretty. I think they should've done something with the brown to sparkle it up a bit. It seems so out of place with all the other shimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ja, du kan ju få allt att se fantastiskt ut men jag tror ändå inte jag ska ha något av vårens dependlack. Men det har jag ju sagt många andra gånger och sen sitter jag plötsligt där med en hel hög lack alla fall...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy all the one w/ tiny silver sparkles in it :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jag gillade faktiskt alla utom det bruna. Tyvärr är inte Depend och jag goda vänner (eller ens bekanta) så det blir inget köp

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these colors except 230. 221, 227, and 228 are to die for. Your pictures are amazing...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.