Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stilettos and chocolate

In celebration and anticipation of the Misa fall collection, I tried one of their older ones the other week. The reason for my choice was this:


Mmm... Isn't this the most gorgeous chocolate bar you have ever seen?! The brand is of Latvian origin, and the perfectly dark (around 55%- not too dark) bar contains dried sour cherries. Now, I really am a cherries gal, so when I saw this, there was just no way I'd leave the chocolate shop without it!

As I was staring at it, I came to think about a particular color I knew I had in my untrieds drawer. They just seemed like the perfect match. Cherries and chocolate. What color would you get? You may not agree with me, but the first polish color to cross my mind was Misa Stiletto.

Which photo is yummier? I couldn't pick.

Yum! This is Stiletto at three coats. It has this gorgeous jelly texture that makes you feel all tingly in some (you may insert the one of your own choice) areas, combined with this color it's almost erotic. It dries super glossy, and any topcoat almost just ruins it! This photo unfortunately is with a coat of very much overly thinned Poshe (I like my topcoat that way- I know, I know...), so you will have to try it out for yourself to get to see it!

This color I didn't know I needed until I saw it on a woman of color who is on the nail board on MakeupAlley. It was so stunning on her that it immediately made it onto my wishlist and not much later into my head2toe shopping cart. I don't even care that I don't have the beautiful dark skin tone she has, the polish itself was enough for me to get it. For a lover of vampies, this one is a must. A must, okay?!

I'm still undecided as of which I like better, the chocolate or the polish, but while the chocolate is long gone, the polish bottle is at least still good for another 20 or 30 manicures...

Swedish word of the day:
skuggmorell -noun morello cherry tree
Because I love 'em!

16 comments:

  1. I want to bite in the chocolat bar! Looks great!
    So do your nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that nail polish looks DELICIOUS! As does the chocolate. :p
    But I love the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those both look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn that candy looks good. The polish does too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... I was feeling like eating somethign sweet..now I just have to! lol...

    Stiletto is gorgeous indeed!! It's going to my wishlist side by side with Misa's Love bite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh....dried CHERRIES? I would have been all over that chocolate bar too, yum. I love cherries.
    And that's GORGEOUS! I love Stiletto. It's dead sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaha, ett nytt lack att sukta efter... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm, that chocolate bar looks so divine. great polish; love vampies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even like cherries and that chocolate bar looks so good! That's the perfect nail color for that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oOoo they both look yummyy.. I think I could go for some of that chocolate right about now though :D...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The polish is nice, but the sour cherries in chocolate looks better. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but the cherries got me..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ham a mňam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh that chocolate bar is going to keep me awake tonight.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. That chocolate bar...mmmm! This polish is gorgeous too, reminds me of Love Bite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmm. That chocolate bar looks so good, even though I don't like cherries haha.
    And that polish is so classy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.