Monday, September 5, 2011

OPI The Muppets collection - bottles

Reds? Check. "Purple"? Check. One blue? Check. One green? Check. Glitters? Check. Exclamation marks? Check. Really long names? Check. Foil? Check. Duochrome shimmer? Check. One totally awesome color? Check.

Oh, and completely useless and misleading promo pics in advance? Check.

I give you bottle shots of OPI The Muppets collection for Christmas 2011. As expected, or not..? Magnify to view in detail.

Animal-istic. Orange-y red with pink to gold shimmer flecks.

Meep-Meep-Meep. Fuchsia leaning red with pink to gold flecks.

Wocka Wocka!. Red with pink to gold pearl shimmer.

Pepe's Purple Passion. Plum or burgundy base with pink to gold flecks.

Designer, De Better!. Silver and copper foil. Deceiving photo, the center part of the bottle shows actual color.

Warm & Fozzie. Sheer, possibly charcoal-ish or brown base with golden, copper, and pink to gold flecks.

Rainbow Connection. Multicolored glitter, three different hex sizes.

Excuse Moi!. Sheer pinkish red base with multicolored micro glitter, and small hexagonal glitter.

Gone Gonzo!. Clear base with small blue glitter and silver hex glitter.

Fresh Frog of Bel Air. Clear base with small green glitter and silver hex glitter.

Divine Swine. Clear base with small magenta glitter and silver hex glitter.

Gettin' Miss Piggy With It!. Clear base with small red glitter, and red and more sparse silver hex glitter.

These photos aren't the best, but they're better than the promo pictures. Stockholm is dreary, so I don't know when I'll be able to produce sunlit swatches, and I might have missed out on some interesting aspects of these colors. Just forgive me, and hold on to these bottle shots.

Do you find any of these shades interesting? Right now, all I can say is, Warm & Fozzy excites me to no end! I did not expect such an interesting color among these. Also, the reds really do look a whole lot better than what could be expected from the promotional hints. And not one single creme. Not one!

Swedish words of the night:
gris -noun pig
svin -noun I swine II pig
I could not resist.

40 comments:

  1. Warm & Fozzie looks awesome!! I can't wait to see swatches <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine Swine - neeeeeeeeed!:) Can't wait to see swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MissMidnightBlue05 September, 2011 23:56

    I see a few that I must have! Warm & Fozzie? Yes please. :) and those glitters OH MY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pretty disinterested from promo pics, but bottles make me a bit more interested, I hope swatches will convince me definitely!
    Anyway, I think most interesting shades are:
    Designer, De Better! especially for dark skins, Warm & Fozzie that seems seen but with something different, and Fresh Frog of Bel Air just because I'm obsessed with greens lately :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh!!

    I am back on board with "want them allllll!!!!"

    Thank you so much!!!!

    Woohooohoooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gettin' Miss Piggy With It!.. haha, love the name :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for the glitters! And there are far too many reds. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gone Gonzo, Fresh Frog of Bel-Air and Divine Swine NEED NEED NEED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pretty much want all of the glitters b/c they look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for showing the bottle photos. These are all much prettier than I thought that they would be. And now, I want all of them. Except Warm and Fozzy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been dying with anticipation over this collection all year. I can't wait until they actual come out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I need like.. all of them. They just look awesome, simple as that.

    ...I think I need to start saving! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rock! Awesome, I CANNOT wait for the swatches!! I want a lot of glitters and the Warm and Fozzy. And probably a couple more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummm, *gulp* SO MUCH LOVE. Your bottle shots are drool inducing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. from your pictures I could love animalistic and warm&fozzie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the glitters look so great. Warm and Fozzie looks great too. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait for the swatches!!! I have SO been looking forward to these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot wait for the swatches!!

    When I saw pictures from CosmoProf I was wondering if I want the whole collection. I'm iffy on some of the glitters now... who am I kidding?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for posting this! The bottles look so interesting and are way better than the promo pictures! I can't wait to see swatches of Warm & Fozzie now (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. They all look gorgeous! I need all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. PLease please please swatch soon!!! I cannot wait for this collection to be available for purchase!

    Thank you so much for posting crisp pictures!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm going to need to save some money up!! I want all except Wocka Wocka. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Designer, de Better! and Warm and Fozzie.

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT!! I'm happy that the promo pics were so off, because judging from the bottle shots, I like them much better this way :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks really great! I now wonder if I should get it. Yes, it's dreary in Stockholm but I am loving it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. I was very unimpressed with the promo shots, but these... these definitely interest me. I can't wait to see some swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OK, so after weeks of drooling, rationalizing, drooling, rationalizing, I had managed to reach the conclusion that I didn't need ALL of them and now you've ruined it all!! Congrats!! Honestly, those bottle pics are so much better than the press release and I just can't wait to see the swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dude, I thought I wouldn't like this collection, but really I like them all, and I'm talking about the regular polishes, not about the glitters. I really only like the red glitters and the green one - just because I'm a green lover and I like Kermit though. Thanks a lot, I can't wait to see the actual swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I might like Designer De Better (or whatever it's spelled) and warm & fozzy. The pink flecks look pretty but I never do anything than cremes nowadays so I'm gonna pass on all of these.

    I am however looking forward to any swatches you may make. The weather in Scandinavia hasn't been all up to swatching lately.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like Meep3x, PPP & W&F the most, don't like any of those glitters, not sure why but big and small glitter mixed in are just not my cup of tea. Designer the better is also interesting, shade and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Herrejösses! Jag vill ha nästan allihop. Stor skillnad mot promobilderna, där det bara var två-tre som såg intressanta ut.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am sooooo curious for these! But, they are so different from the promo pics.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The glitters are just gorgeous! I want them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. THANKS for those pictures! I've been searching the web for hours and could not find a single pic, except those promo pix and 2 plastic nailwheels ... I really thought all those reds were cremes.

    Can you please please please please do a mani of "meep meep meep" soon? :)))
    I am normally not into reds nor pinks, really really not, but a polish named "meep meep meep", how can I resist? ...

    So I'm thinking, even if I don't like reds and pinks, if "meep meep meep" looks at least decent, then I might ignore my color-dislike and buy it nevertheless and will even wear it, so I can say "this polish, you ask? it's called meep meep meep" *ggg*

    oh please do some swatches soon, it doesn't matter if the weather is grey or cloudy ... pleasepleaseplase ...

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh, I forgot - I wanted to add, I really liked the way you wrote this posting and how you started with all the "reds? check. one blue? check." heehee. totally hilarious :))))

    ReplyDelete
  36. I will definitely be buying animalistic!! My favorite kind of duochrome. Unfortunately most of these glitters look like something I would buy and then never actually wear, so I'll probably pass on those...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.