Friday, March 18, 2011

Periwinkle fusion

This is a nice new one from H&M: Peppermint Fusion.




This is three coats. And when you see these photos, I bet you're thinking "What color is it really?" I know. For some reason, this time my camera didn't even like blue. I think it's down a slippery slope nowadays, that camera. I should have it put into a home for the senile. The color is really what you English speaking people would refer to as a periwinkle, with blue shimmer, and dare I say a barely noticeable hint of magenta or purple. My camera saturated the blue tint more than my eyes do, and the true color is weirdly enough both a bit muted, washed out, and super wham pow in-your-face, sort of. I tried color correcting these photos, but I'm not sure about the result here...

I don't know about you, but I don't have a similar color in my collection. Maybe because I usually don't buy periwinkle, but it could be that it's really a tiny tad different, or even unique. I should let you guide me on this matter - preferably if you do own this one, since... Yeah, my camera.

Oh, the name. Peppermint... I don't know about that either. This shade does not make me think of that. No.

Swedish word of the day:
tveka -verb hesitate
I do that a lot these day, it seems.

12 comments:

  1. It really is a unique and pretty color. My own pics are more blue ish then yours though. Like the application of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh my that's pretteh! I need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I love, love, LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what? Are my eyes seeing right? H&M? :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE periwinkle blue <3
    I am wearing a periwinkle shirt today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, this is lovely! I'm such a fan of periwinkle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty blue, I really like the shimmer in it, it adds depth and interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this polish too, and I really like it! It's true,the colour is difficult to define,but this makes it even more particular than other polishes :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted about this a while ago, and I like the colour so much, but didn't you find its formula a little... sucky? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Den står också i en Helmer och väntar på att mina naglar ska växa ut. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. My only H&M polish (stupid local shop doesn't do cosmetics) and I went a loooong way to have it, it was such a huge crush when I saw it online! I agree with you that it's really an unusual colour but so great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.