Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And a Japanese beauty...?

Yes, you've guessed it right - today I have yet another green Zoya! This time Midori. It is not known to me if there are actually any Japanese women named Midori, but it is the word for green in their language. Apparently it's also an alcoholic beverage with a taste of melon, but the polish actually reminds me more of citrus.




Two coats, except for my terribly curly index nail, which required three coats to even out because of its impossible angles. Hmpf.

This is the most Feline-y color I can possibly imagine. It's not just any green with gold shimmer, it's an acidic, glowing, in-your-face green. It may actually have made it onto my top ...twenty or so greens. Maybe. How do you decide when you own so many anyway?

Swedish word of the day:
melon -noun melon
How hard was that?

14 comments:

  1. this color is so pretty and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midori is also a woman's name in Japanese, as well as the color green as you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh vilken läcker grön färg. Precis en sådan jag letar efter. Blir att ge sig ut på jakt i stan imorgon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midori Ito, Japanese skater in the Olympics back in 1992 who won a silver medal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Midori in my collection, but I cannot wear it because it' so "in-your-face" green. I thought it would be softer IRL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a relative named Midori! ;) This is her favorite polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Midori is gorgeous! I have to drag this one out of my collection again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched this really disturbing japanese film called Midori.
    The main character was adorable, but the story was so sad and horrifying.

    This color is really pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the shimmer is amazing. Very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My middle name is Midori :)
    i used to get teased a lot when i was a kid. "Your parents named you green?!?!"
    haha, i'm over it. i'm proud of it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I instantly fell in love with this colour! It's gorgeous. Green is one of my favourite polish colours, too.

    There's also a popular violinist named Midori. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lustigt nog, med tanke på att jag är en Zoya-tjej och älskar grönt, så finns den inte i min samling. Den ser himla fin ut så förhoppningsvis kommer jag ihåg att skaffa den snart. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty :)
    I actually love the sound of the word mi-do-ri :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.