Saturday, December 11, 2010

Is it worth it?

This is OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It from the Texas collection, 4 coats. 3 coats was enough but I didn't have time to take pictures when I did the manicure and got some smudges so I did a fourth coat before I took these pictures just to cover the smudges. I've seen this described as a light grey but to me it's more of a medium mushroom-y grey that looks a little lilac in some lights. It has small pink flecks and sparse blue glitter (as you can see in the close up). Since this polish is frosty, it does leave some brush strokes but I don't think it's terrible streaky. The flecks/glitter is beautiful in close ups but barely visible when looking at your hands at a distance and I did have VNL at two coats. I don't know if this is worth three or four coats, what do you think?




Swedish word of the day:
behov -noun need
I need a third Helmer...

14 comments:

  1. Not a bad shade but... The whole Texas collection is such a snore to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I would store it in the trash bin, tragically ugly. Great swatches though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a lighter version of RBL's Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell if I'd like this or not. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nja, jag hade nog hoppats på mer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeap, great swatches. awful shade

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot greener than I expected based on the few bottle pics I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this shows really green on my monitor. Great swatches - not so sure about the color...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the color is ok, I don't love it but I don't hate it. It was less green and more grey at two coats and the afternoon sun enhanced the green in the color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The polish looks slightly green on my monitor, too; your pictures are nice but I find this color awful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was going to say the same thing as Jennifer, lighter version of Anne. kinda meh, but thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I may be in the minority (or the only one) here, but I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.