Friday, September 7, 2012

Darling Diva Polish Battlestar Galactica Collection - Mitochondrial Eve


Does it ever end?! Wadda ya mean, the blog series or the tv series? Well, unfortunately, both end. But there are still a few posts left of the blog series - YEA! Yep, I love Battlestar Galactica. Writing these posts without handing out too many spoilers is pretty damn hard, and that's why I won't elaborate on the name Mitochondrial Eve. All you need to know is: a) this polish from Darling Diva Polish has something to do with Battlestar Galactica, and b) you need to watch Battlestar Galactica.

On to the polish itself, a greenish glitterbomb!






This is one, so called generous, coat of Mitochondrial Eve, over three coats of Illamasqua Rampage. Clear base filled with true green (unfortunately, a color that easily washes out in photos), chartreuse green, blue, yellow, red, purple, and white glitters. I think I may be seeing little pink hexes in my bottle too. Most glitters are hexagonal, but I can also spot a few squares, and there are glitters of all sizes. This polish has so much going on that I lose count of it all.

I have to admit I was a little skeptical towards this one, as really chunky glitters in multi colors, suspended in clear base, tend to freak me out. A lot of chunky glitters come out so flat, that I generally stay away from them. I saved this one for last, and was going over color choices in my mind, over and over again. I ended up choosing Rampage as glitters tend to look a little healthier on top of jellies.

I should not have feared it so badly, because I ended up liking it a lot. I first tried doing really thin coats to get a sparser look, but not only is this polish so packed with particles that it proved hard, I also realized pretty early on that it actually looks way better with a healthy coating of aaall of the glitters. A thick coat of this, especially on top of a three coater base color, renders a rather thick manicure, which is detectable in my photos, but it didn't look bad at all in reality, at a normal distance.

Let's finish off with the wheel swatch: three coats alone and one coat over black.


How do you feel about packed, chunky glitters? Are you feeling Mitochondrial Eve?

Darling Diva Polish is available on Etsy, and all pieces of the Battlestar Galactica collection, including Mitochondrial Eve, are $8 each.

Swedish word of the day:
mitokondrie -noun mitochondrion
Hard at work in our bodies.

3 comments:

  1. Wow the glitters in this are amazing! You did such a wonderful job layering this! SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, this one is by far my favourite of the bunch. Plus you layered it over Rampage, so much win! I love it! Some great glitters, and the theme is fantastic. Actually, your themed week makes me wanna watch Galactica again. One hell of a show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should - it can't be seen too many times! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.