Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dotted flowers

Do you remember my Midsummer manicure? It was bound to happen again. My friend Malin (one of them Malins) came by for a new manicure before she left for two weeks in Provence, and we decided on something feminine, yet not too overly sweet. Dotted flowers on something other than pink. More on that later.

First, what happened after she left. It's not unusual - I just want to do my own nails like I did hers. In this case, dotted flowers. I had been planning for a while to do a dotted manicure in a greyscale with red accents, and this is what happened.



It's not terribly well executed if you look to closely, but on a fair distance (say working with your hands), it looked awesome. The flowers are too far apart and weirdly placed in relation to each other, but the colors and different finishes together were amazing. The base I used here is two coats of Essence Movie Star, black flowers are some limited edition H&M from last X-mas, called Kiss Goodnight (but any shimmery black will do of course), the white is my beloved Essie Marshmallow, the red glitter is one of the typical Color Club X-mas minis, I think this particular one was called Yule Love This (it's basically Ruby Slippers), and the silver and holographic glitter bits are China Glaze Nova. With some improvement this is insanely glamorous.

What do you think of it?

But last, I promised to return to Malin's nails. This is how they ended up:


Two coats of China Glaze For Audrey, Essie Marshmallow flower petals, and China Glaze Nova for the center accent. In some places a little sloppy execution - we were in a hurry since Malin had to catch the train - but from a normal distance this is ridiculously cute too (and Malin has the cutest little nails!).

Swedish name of the day:
Frankrike France
A European country.

14 comments:

  1. Mycket fina bägge två manikyrerna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing again, can't you do my nails? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I like yours better, but that's because I'm not a girly girl and I prefer greys and reds and blacks to marshmellowy-baby-pastel shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the glitter flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, but your nails are my favorite :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Båda manikyrerna är fina, men din är inte riktigt lika tjejig och sötsöt, så jag gillar den bättre. Är extra intrigued (mitt vokabulär på svenska är trasigt..) av det där röda lacket som du använt dig av. Ser ut som om du kan ha klippt ut de bitarna från något gammalt favoritklistermärke som jag hade när jag var liten och klistrade fast på ett högst olämpligt ställe (iaf i mina föräldrars tycke).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty way to lighten up a gray and make it look summery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the flowers on the grey background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dina blommor över grått blev ju helt fantastiska!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute flowers. Love the turquoise design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me encantan las uñas decoradas con flores,son originalisimas.Paola L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not exactly sure why you think the flowers are weirdly placed or too far apart, I think your mani is beautiful the way it is. Now I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.