Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do you remember the Dot Com boom?

Not sure what that really was, however, one can clearly see it wasn't so much a boom as it was the beginning of democracy within the information field - even though unfortunately it still doesn't apply to the entire world. Well, anyone with access to a few dollars and postal services (which unfortunately doesn't apply to the entire world either) could obtain a sweet lacquer filled with Dot Com, from Milani.




This is three gorgeous coats. Gorgeous! Plum based purple, filled with mostly golden flecks. This is one of my favourite kinds of purple - it's even better than our standard purple to blurple shimmers.

I bought this in a blog sale, from Tara. I'm therefore not sure how available this one has been, but I believe that it never wound up on Cherry Culture, for instance. Perhaps it's from a limited edition collection? I'm sure some of my American readers will know, and I hope it's somehow obtainable for anyone who might want it. It is definitely worth owning.

And this is what's on my mind right now: are there rules for using may/might? I can't figure this out! After all, I'm just a Swede.

Swedish word of the day:
bryderi -noun quandary
Constantly pondering weird stuff.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful purple, I love it! As for the may/might, they are generally interchangeable.

    "I may buy 2 new polishes."
    or
    "I might buy 2 new polishes."

    I feel as though the 'may' sounds more thoughtful, as if you are pondering the choice whereas 'might' infers reluctance. I'm not a linguist, this is just my perception of their difference. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. I'm just too lazy to apply it. Three coats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost reminds me of Merry Midnight. Really pretty. I'll have to see if I can find it anywhere. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know what tonight's mani will be! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is gorgeous, I'll have to pick it up if I ever see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second A Polished Touch's comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.