Saturday, June 4, 2011

200...

...individual coats of polish. That's what I spent my Friday doing.

I had a bunch of girls over for a huge lacquer party, of sorts, because my friend Malin was heading to a wedding and wanted her nails nicely done in her huge favourite Hermosa Surfer Girl from BB Couture. She brought her six year old daughter Wilma, who ended up with the one coater holographic Ariel, from Brazilian brand Sancion Angel. Also, their friend Melonie tagged along, and after extensive contemplation, she received a paint job in OPI's Silver Shatter, over Teenage Dream from the same brand. I believe everyone was happy as they went home for the night - perhaps excluding Malin's teenage son who said no to a man-icure despite showing interest in a ManGlaze polish I had accidentally (ehum) put on the table.

By the time I had cleaned the coffee-lemonade-Danish mayhem from my kitchen, I attended to myself with both a new manicure and pedicure. Additional coats.

I had to count. Had to. The OCD me revealed itself again: and with base and top coating, I did a total of 200 individual nail coatings during the day. It was fun, but I probably inhaled a week's worth of solvents.

Swedish word of the day:
tjejigt -adjective girly
Apparently manicures still are.

1 comment:

  1. I love when you do the Swedish word of the day. It's something a little extra to put a smile on my face. I love learning, even simple things like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.