Friday, March 25, 2011

My Alter Ego

Here's another one from the new Color Club Alter Ego collection, namely its namesake.





This is four (4) coats. The purple base is sheer, and even though the foil shimmer particles are reflective and creates a dense surface, there's a lot of see through free edge in some angles. It pissed me off, so I did the extra coat, and lacking perseverance, I was very generous with it and it bubbled some on a couple of nails. After this, of course the manicure took forever to fully dry. Still, I really like foils like these, and purple and gold is such a nice combination of colors.

This polish, however, reminded me of a couple of others I own - Hard Candy Mr Wrong and Sally Hansen Purple Gala. Of course I made a crappy little comparison.

This is at one coat, with flash. You can basically sense what's coming with density. The Color Club (in the middle) has smaller particles, in a less warm gold. Some say Mr Wrong and Purple Gala are practically identical, but I do dare pointing out that Purple Gala definitely has more red in its base.

The fully painted wheel confirms this, even if this sparkly, sunny photo isn't the best:

You can also see that the Color Club is a lighter shade, and I believe the overall seemingly cooler hue is due to the gold being mixed with silver particles. Some days I really wish I had a loupe!

While I'm at it, let's post another comparison from one of the new collections from the same brand, namely Starry Temptress, and its Starry Temptress Topcoat.

To he left is Snowflakes from the holiday miniset released some months ago, and to the right Starry Temptress Topcoat. I don't think the difference is big enough to own both. Unless you're running out of your mini bottle and need a full bottle backup.

Swedish word of the day:
synnedsättning -noun sight impairment
Some days you just don't see shit.

8 comments:

  1. Ok, THAT Color Club I think I MUST have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those polishes but my eye doesn't detect much difference between them. Any one of those would suit me just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although it's so sheer you think it was a shimmer used for layering, I love it.A wearing it right now and I love that in one moment, it looks like a cold charcoal, in the next it's a golden warm-toned purple grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice color... but 4 coats :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it bad that I want this now?
    I got some stuff from the Alter Ego Collection and skipped this one because I have the Sally Hansen and the Hard Candy, but if it's different, then really...I need it too, right? *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alter Ego är supersnygg! Kan knappt vänta tills jag får längd på naglarna igen så jag näns använda det.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sort of reminds me of a silvery Nubar Iced Licorice with more metallic. Lovely, all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great comparison! Thank you for that. I've got some culling to do in my stash now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.