Monday, November 29, 2010

A stormy and snowy Friday night

And now, what happened Last Friday Night! Or perhaps not. But at least it's Last Friday Night. Or... Maybe that's already part of the past. Anyway, here's Last Friday Night from OPI's Katy Perry collection.




Could you tell there was a wee bit of sun in the top photo?! Guess how happy that made Swedish nail bloggers!

In the bottle, Last Friday Night looked really plastic and a bit insane, in a bad way. However, on the nail, it's made of WIN. Shown is three coats, just like in the skittles post. Even though it isn't very flattering on nails suffering from discoloration, the glitter itself is very nice and of a kind I really appreciate. It's iridescent. I happen to love iridescence. Though I know many of you will oppose to it, I had no trouble surviving the sheerness, even if this wasn't my favourite manicure ever, or even in the top 20. Or 30... Or 40?

When I was wearing it, I was thinking that it should actually had been a part of a Holiday collection instead. This shade does not make me think of whatever might have happened last Friday night. It doesn't remind me of parties. Nor does it make me consider romantic outbursts. Not even snuggling up in the couch at home. Not that I know what else people may do on their Friday nights, but seriously. No, what it does remind me of is a snow globe. A cold and stormy one. In fact, I think this polish should have been named Snowstorm or even Magic Snowstorm, or maybe Fairytale Snowstorm or something similarily nerdy.

I do feel like this glitter is very useful though, and layered on top of something that allows the iridescence to blossom at its fullest, it will be great. Anne of Nailtastic has showed us this one layered on a couple of nails.

Maybe this one isn't really something to write home about, but it's still, in my opinion, the second most interesting shade of the Katy Perry collection...

Swedish word of the day:
snöglob -noun snow globe
Makes sense, doesn't it?

21 comments:

  1. I think I need it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLITTER?! *grabby hands*

    This stuff is so pretty. I don't care about sheerness, it's shiiiiiiiiiineeeeeey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, if this is second best, I'm worried about the rest. Great pictures though! Just really not my type of polish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and think it would look gorgeous over so many other colours.

    http://beautybypaula2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this color. :) And I am really excited to get the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's surprisingly delicate looking for a glitter... I like! Hopefully it'll look okay on my semi-stained nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men det här är väl Teenage dream? Det är väl den blå som är Last Friday Night? *confused*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jag är faktiskt sugen på båda glittren och Movie-lacket ur den här kollektionen. Båda glittren ser ut att vara fina för glitter-halvnaglar som är något av ett signum för mig.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On my Friday nights, I eat and watch movies.
    This polish doesn't remind me of that, although I think you're quite right. It's very pretty and snowglobe-ish. I love the iridescent hex stuff.
    I'm still on the fence though...I have so much polish as it is...almost too much. Do I reallyyy need another layering glitter? o_O

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love glitters!! I really think this one will add to my whishlist

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wuv this color!! Where do you get these! Omg <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sara: Dags att skaffa ny monitor? ;D

    Sminkan: Och mig! Ska vi slåss om saken?! LOL <3

    ChaosButterfly: I follow you. ;) I think that if I needed to pay for it, I'd still get it. Honestly. But the two polishes from this collection that I've swatched so far, are the ones I would get, the others not. ;)

    Lustformusic: They were sent to me by the Swedish distributor of OPI polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Du har fått en Beautiful blogger award av mig! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, ni får en av mig med. Award alltså. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the package it looks like a blue lit, but nail it becomes more pale. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Hopefully now we have to sell here in Brazil, wanted to spend New Year's using it.
    XOXO, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this one i have to get, thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll be honest, I'm not loving it. I wish the base was a nice opaque pink or something...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.