Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bang that head that doesn't bang!

Why not continue on this path of Swedishness? I have to admit I enjoy posting good Swedish lacquers. It seems there is seldom anything to brag about, until lately. The Swedish brands are doing good now. Maybe they took a cue or two from brands native to the big country across the pond..?

Regardless, here is one of those nice, new Swedish polishes. The remainder of the Viva La Diva fall collection Viva La Diva Rocks. I give you Head Bang.


Terribly rainy outside here... Graininess galore. Sorry about that.


Luckily, there was sun on my second day of wear!

A grey creme base with silver shimmer. Sounds really basic and boring, but is actually very nice. I feel that even though there's obviously no spectacular color tone here, the combination is not that usual. We're drowning in blacks with silver shimmer, and maybe greyish silver shimmers, but grey cremes with shimmer like this? Please correct me if I'm wrong! Anyway. Pictured is two coats. This one was effortless to apply, very nice and buttery.

Swedish word of the day:
grafitgrå -adjective graphite grey
I guess this one kind of is..?

15 comments:

  1. Oooh I'd kind of ignored this brand when I've seen it before. Consider me educated not to in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riktigt snyggt på dina bilder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unusual, subtle but not boring. Love it. And great shots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one. Im stuck on grays right now and this one rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! A great combination of rock n roll and elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grey tones atm, really like this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. <3 The shimmer actually looks a bit goldish to me, maybe that's the afternoon sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color!! I'm yet to be impressed by their formula though :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. gah. stop posting pretty greens I can't gettttttttt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emybloom: I feel they've been very much hit or miss though, so you won't know for sure until you've tried a particular shade... But the ones released this fall were great in application, at least 3 out of 5!

    NailsbyNoir: Bang on! :D

    Blu11: Totally my camera fucking up the colors. :) It is silver only.

    isabella: See comment for Emybloom! :)

    Scandalous: But posting greys is OK? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is one gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.