Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Starry Air

Back to nail polish. This one has been seen quite a lot - but did you expect to see it on the claws of the alizarine? A pale, powdery, pastel pink with massive silver glitter. Yeah, you know, every ow and then, I fall headlessly for a pink. In fact, last month when I received my salary, this was the only polish I felt like buying at all: Revlon's already famous Starry Pink.






Sorry, couldn't help myself with the last photo. Three coats. Goes on a bit streaky, but it's manageable. I would never have made it with only two coats, though. Do you see the top photo? The little gleam of Swedish fall sun? That's pretty much all we get this time of year.

Then I thought of another pastel glitter polish I fell for, for similar reasons. One of those few exceptions I make for these colors. I thought: what if I combine the two..? Said and done. I added Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air on top. Two coats.

I actually did the layering during the day, but forgot to take photos of it, so flash was the only decent light I had access to when the idea of picking up the camera finally occured to me. Nevertheless, rather pretty. But dense. So many coats of pastel pigments. Like nail shields.

Swedish word of the day:
pastell -noun pastel
Just put the emphasis on the last syllable instead.

12 comments:

  1. Det är fint faktiskt, skulle kunna tänka mig de själv. Men GitA är jag fortfarande tveksam till. Jag beställde hem Facets of Fuchsia men är sugen på den här och Blue Mosaic också.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a a great layering combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I always love looking at your blog and the mani's that you do always perfection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very pretty on you - this is so on my wish list, as is glitter in the air!!! I wish I could raid your polish collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I LOVE this combination! It was too pale on me, it almost looked grey - so I layered it over a slightly deeper pink and that helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Starry Pink!!! Looks fab on you. You put a nice spin on it adding gita. It's gorgeous this way too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasnt too crazy about this revlon color but pairing it with glitter in the air just gave it a new life! its absolutely a gorgeous combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Lord I didn't think that Starry Pink could get any better! I will need to try to layer GITA over it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This polish is so sweet looking <3 And I would never imagine you wearing it !!!
    I love how you combined it with GITA. Need this Starry Pink now !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg the last photo took my breath away! O.O I was already re-swooning over Starry Pink and then Glitter in the Air joined in for an epic moment in glitter! EPIC. *bows to your awesomeness* :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.