Thursday, April 28, 2011

Zesty glow

So, I had this idea of turning my Color Club Snakeskin manicure more green, and was throwing around bottles in my drawers. What did I find? A not yet tried bottle of the Halloween special Zombie Zest from China Glaze. Yes, I'm still at it with the fall polishes. Because that's just the way I am. By the time it came it, it was everywhere and I found no reason at all to see it on my own nails as well - it had lost its enchanting thrill. But now that the sun is out... So is my zesty zombie snot-puke like manicure.




Two coats of Zombie Zest over the previous two coats of the Color Club polish. Now, this is what I'm alking about! I found layering Zombie Zest a necessity, since it had been made obvious to all of us that it was rather sheer. Since I have no energy or perseverance, topping off another manicure with it was the way to go for me.

I'm still wearing it. Loving it. Can't take my eyes off of it. It's spectacular in the sun (for some reason not very obvious in my photo, though), but also in the shade. And the metallic foil underneath definitely adds a whole lot of oomph to it. I know I should redo my nails today, but I can't bear parting with all this mad prettiness...

Swedish word of the day:
odöd -noun, adjective undead
It's like they're everywhere.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome idea, I'm gonna steal it lol. I love how the green looks darker and prettier too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Layering combo. I am the same way with my polishes. By the time I buy them they've been swatched to death. I should stop looking at all the swatchy blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layering!
    And you just reminded me how great Zombie is!
    I must buy it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm yummy, riktigt snygg färg...aldrig sett ett liknande lack. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Vilken härlig mystisk färg. :D
    Föresten måste jag fråga. Är det dina egna naglar? Är sååå avis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ylva-Li: Ja, det är det. Jag är inte så intresserad av artificiella naglar, även om jag gjort ett försök med sådana. Jag brukar låta mina växa, och filar ner dem helt med jämna mellanrum, pga mitt jobb på äldreboende. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Å så snyggt det där var!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men sååå skirt var det väl inte? Täckte väl med tre lager alla fall, eller minns jag fel?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sminkan: Nej, inte sååå skirt, men jag... Orkade inte. :D Ville inte ha den look jag redan sett så mycket - ville se något nytt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zombie Zest is one of my all time favs. i love the name too! it looks absolutely stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.