Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ultra-hard to capture

So... Yeah. A short one today, simply because I could in no way get decent photos of this manicure. It's one of the new bright, glittery Color Club summer polishes, from the Starry Temptress collection. I only got this one, because I wasn't too keen on the swatches I saw prior to clicking that order button. I happen to have a small fling with super bright fuchsia like colors, so the one I got was Ultra-Astral.

I believe this was two coats, or perhaps three. And no, it's not color accurate, since this one borders on being a neon (but isn't, it's just very bright). In reality, it's a deeper color, a very fun color. I liked it. Also, packed in the bottle is a shitload of holographic glitter. However, it's so thick, and the ase color is pigmented enough, to not really reveal the holographic properties once on the nail. In addition, I found the formula very oatmeal like. I even put a few drops of thinner in my bottle. So, not much fun painting with, and if you're looking for holo, not very fun wearing either, but if you're okay with a super bright and fun color loaded with weird glitter flecks, this one's for you. (No, removal was no fun.)

Swedish word of the day:
havregrynsgröt -noun oatmeal
I have to admit, your word is handier in this case.

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how bad removal was.. color is pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty color and agree with deborah must be hard to remove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swedish word of the day:
    havregrynsgröt -noun oatmeal
    I have to admit, your word is handier in this case.

    Hahaha, I was down on the floor of laugh when I read this. :)))

    About the color: I love this strange glitter from new CC collection. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shade, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.