Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kill it with fire!

Finally, Easter is over! Please don't hate me for this, but I hate the holidays. If I can, I just sleep past them. I was planning on doing a wicked Easter manicure though, but I was too lazy to pull through, since I was planning on layered skittles - and also, I couldn't really part with the manicure I was already wearing, which is the one I'll show you today.

I was lucky enough to obtain a bottle of the somewhat coveted Hidden Treasure from the Sally Hansen Salon line - since it's nowhere to be found in Europe, I got it from my dear friend Teresa over in Michigan state. I was saving it for some kind of special moment, though what that really could be was obscured somewhere in the back of my head. Then, I suddenly felt inspired, and decided to kill it with fire! Because, at the same time, I was feeling like a classic, classy red, and brought out the famous Vodka & Caviar from OPI, then... I killed it with fire! Now, enough with the shameless pun promotion.





Look! Flames! What you're seeing here is two coats of Vodka & Caviar, topped off with the kind of clear glitter gradient I tend to do sometimes - just apply a french tip, drag it towards the cuticle with the brush wiped off, and then add some extra oomph right at the edge.

Darn I loved this one. I believe I wore it for three days, which is, as you all know by now, a long time for me. Sure, I was lazy and tired after finishing up my job practice in forensic psychiatry, and lacked energy to redo my nails, but these was also very durable and still looked nice and chipless by the time I took it off.

So, thank you Teresa, for the opportunity to do this, and please feel inspired, all of you. There just aren't enough flakie gradients out there!

Swedish word of the day:
eld -noun fire
Fire!

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It really looks like your nails are on fire ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe-some!!! Totally brilliant mani! I think this is by far the best colour combination you could to for this kind of mani, but the greens are calling for me to try this one out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fire! Looks very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy frak! I think that might be my favorite mani I have seen in a very long time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought to use Hidden Treasure over a red - this looks great! I'm with you...3 days with the same mani is a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I should try this too! :)

    and I linked you on my blog! http://polishchest.blogspot.com/p/link-love.html love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, det det var fantastiskt snyggt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It looks just like flames licking the surface of the nail... kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great. Don't see Hidden Treasure over many reds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely try a flakie gradient! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is awesome I think I will try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I like this manicure, so simple, yet sooo HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks great! I love the combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good lord, that's gorgeous! O.O I want flakies, damn it! I like flakie gradients more than glitter ones (or other colors)... So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so amazing! I may have to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How hot is that? (Get it - fire, flame, hot!). I still can't get my hands on Hidden Treasure. You're a lucky gal! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Åh, den var helt rå!! Elsk!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks soooo nice <3
    I wonder if it works on a darker blood red !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I definitely need some flakes to create flames ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.