Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mine's bigger than yours

...or maybe not. But check out my Orly Royal Navy manicure:




Now, why is mine so different from everybody elses? I'll tell you. Some of you reported that the shimmer in this divine blue jelly tend to sink to the bottom of the bottle, and after receiving mine, it was obvious what you were talking about. So, what did I do? I simply put my bottle upside down for a while. By the time I decided to use it, all the shimmer had sunk into the bottle neck instead. After a gentle shake, this is what I ended up with. And I loved it. No visible nail line, but still that gorgeous see-through effect when holding the hand up to the light. I was in no position at all to stop staring at my nails, and the two days I wore this manicure I was probably mistaken for a lunatic several times - or maybe just a nervous person with some sort of autistic behaviour.

I have already forgotten how many coats his was, it's either two or three. I'll go with three, since I seem to be unable to stay away from that last coating.

Do you prefer Royal Navy with the more sparse shimmer, or like this?

Swedish word of the day:
flotta -noun navy
A mere wonder I even know of the term...

17 comments:

  1. Haha, jeg må le, min står i Helmeren med korken ned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, gorgeous! I love it both ways! With the sparse shimmer, it's more of a jelly, but how can you not love the shimmer?! So sad I never picked this one up. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's way better than all the sheer swatches I've seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always frustrated with that one - I thought I got a bum bottle until I read that it was like that with other people, too. Either way, it's such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually prefer just the jelly without shimmer so I don't shake it at all. But I will try doing this just to see how it looks IRL with max glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually prefer it with less glitter...idk..I just love the jelly look too much.
    But this looks gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it both ways!
    Andrea sent me this, but I didn't get around to use it yet. Mine has all the pretty flecks waaay down the bottle lol. I wonder why this happens...
    Gorgeous on you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like this way better, how can you not like the shimmer, it's georgous! Is this not available any longer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This stuff looks gorgeous in the bottle but not so much on the nail. For some reason I hated Royal Navy on me! I was disappointed that none of the cool shimmer showed up on my but it was more than that. I think I'll have to try this trick and see if I like it any better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! :D I actually like both "versions" - when I want a royal blue jelly, I don't shake the bottle and when I want the shimmer to show, I shake it. I haven't thought of leaving it upside-down, great idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love RN and you rock it!
    Where were you and your fully functioning brain when I first got this? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot get this color to photograph well for the life of me, but I am def gonna try flipping the bottle next time to disperse the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. neglelakkmani: Great minds think alike! ;D

    Jess: If I'm not mistaken, it was some sort of limited edition release, but it's gotta be available somewhere, right? :)

    Evil Angel: Probably in the less fortunate Sweden, where we have to wait longer than anyone else because of ythe third world country status. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.