Friday, October 15, 2010

Neon voltage

I desperately needed to brighten up my life the other day. Knowing myself, I have anticipated this need and therefore stocked up on neons to save me from the fall gloom. I was missing some from China Glaze's INK collection, and I had been eyeing a few for a while. And when fall is closing in, the time is absolutely right to fill the neon void in any nail polish collection. This is Pink Voltage.




Someone told me that if you photograph your neons under water, they will appear more color accurate. So I tried.

So, did it work? I'll let you be the judges of that.

Swedish word of the day:
chockrosa -adjective shocking pink
Because this one is, and I needed that.

10 comments:

  1. Whoa, this is an intense color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like the underwater technique works to me. That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color =] it was one of my first china glazes ever, but I hated that I needed like 6 coats. Next time I'll try it over white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks gorgeous on you. really really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to brighten a gloomy day! Thanks for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it does look more neon-ish under water! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The underwater shot is pretty accurate, I think!

    And the Nordic autumn is doing the same thing to me -- I never wear neons, but I put on Eyeko's Punk yesterday because dark nails seemed depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey under water is a good idea! I dont own this one but it reminds me of Essie Pink Parka a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janna: I used 4 coats here. It was pretty decent. Actually, I did put it over white first, and it didn't come out very good at all, at least for me it didn't. I ended up having to do 4 coats over the white as well, and it still just looked like a marker pen on white paper. So I took it off and redid my mani like this, and I feel it's much better.

    Kristi: Isn't it? I want to wear dark colors, but at this point all I want to do is try to SCARE the darkness away. :D I have continued on the same path since... More brightness to come!

    tasha~: Yes, a neon pink is always a neon pink, sort of, but this one IS different from Pink Parka- thi one has fine shimmer that makes it glow! It's what appears whitish in the photos. It's pearly/iridescent kind of...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please, NO LINK SPAMMING! Anonymous comments with rude contents, advertising and/or link dropping will be deleted.